Sunday, July 23, 2006

So its the day before my first day on my new job and hey, I'm feeling a little nervous. Like, what if I've suddenly lost the ability to shovel? What if I make a horrible impression on my new boss?

Good thing I don't have to worry about my supervisor, since I've worked with him before....

Actually Dayle & I went shopping today to pick up a few needed items. Leather work gloves, another water bottle and a hat.

The hat was important. Finding good hats for me is hard, because frankly I have a huge head & women's hats are often a one size deal that's modelled on some tiny petite skull that perches on the top of my head like a crown.

But not today! We found some extra large canvas "bucket" hats. They fit and they looked cute. Hey, just because you're in the field doesn't mean you can't look pretty. We also stocked up on lunch food.

And all that sounds boring perhaps but I was pretty excited because it all means that I'm going back to work and I'm going back to work in archaeology.

We will be working on a 19th century house remains and midden, which for those of you not familiar with archaeology means that we will be going through the family's garbage dump from well over a hundred years ago. Because except for when you're digging a gravesite (rare these days) or stumble on a treasure cache (even rarer in Southern Ontario) archaeology is basically going through other people's garbage or abandoned houses. And its oddly what I want to keep on doing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home