Sunday, November 19, 2006

What I did today...


It was a cold, fall day here, 1C, so obviously it was ideal weather for a tramp around the Minesing Swamp and Fort Willow. We (my able assistant and I) started out here:

Hmmm, can't see? Here's a closer look:


That right, Minesing Swamp - one of the largest wetland areas in Ontario. This area and this site, Fort Willow


are all part of a project that I am researching for class. For the most part I'm restricting myself to the cultural landscape... because if I tried to do all of the natural heritage of Minesing Swamp as well, it would be impossible. Here's an idea of how big the swamp (ahem, wetland complex) is:


Isn't that big? I'm concentrating on Fort Willow and maybe a little ghost town (if I can ever find it, since the road to it was wiped out this weekend) and the ideas of how people respond to landscapes.

But before I go here's a picture of me, late in the day. Please excuse the blocky look as have three layers on underneath that coat.


And here's a picture of my lovely assistant!


Must go, the pictures have finally uploaded so I can go to bed!

1 Comments:

At Monday, 20 November, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey we saw the pictures of you, your site and your lovely assistant. I am showing the matriarch this comment process at this moment . She is suitably impressed with your work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home