Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's not a waste of time if its for education, right?

Playing with computers, I mean. York is a seriously hooked up campus. I can check my lecture notes, access journals, readings etc. All great resources, but a fairly passive use of the internet age.

Except for my landscape ecology in planning course & hooo boy! Our class has a web page and a blog that we all have to contribute to. Eventually, we will all be posting our final project on the page - a prospect that makes me a little nervous. I mean, what if its not as cool as the other kids in my class?

But the coolest tool of all is downloading Google Earth. I've gone as far as I can go for free, but someday, somehow, I'll charge the $20 to get the Pro Update. 'Til then I'm "practicing" finding places, by addresses, by geography etc. I've visited BC, Alberta (okay, that was an accident, I was aiming for the Okanagan and my hand slipped), Saskatchewan, Northern & Southern Ontario, Toronto and Newfoundland. I checked it ALL out. I wish one of my family members would put something outside to say to say hi. So what if it takes another few weeks to update? Its for scientific discovery people! Maybe Dad can put something bright on the balcony. And if I see an updated picture of something bright yellow streaking through the back yard - I'll know who it is....

Speaking of family, Miss Muffet, have you asked le petit prince et princesse what they want? Does our leo seem interested in world travel possibilities? And do you think Mom should guest blog? I think so... or maybe the Big Al? I know they're not exactly about school or archaeology but hey, my readers have diverse interests, no?

I wonder what else I can make Google do?

.....

2 Comments:

At Friday, 29 September, 2006, Blogger Erik Buchanan said...

You didn't return my call last night. Sulky now.

Interesting about Google Earth. I'll have to look that up. Sounds cool.

Haven't had a chance to update my Blog in a while. Not to worry, though. Maybe I'll get to it tonight.

See you at lunch.

Erik

 
At Monday, 02 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Loved the google experiment. I'll have to talk person to person for birthday stuff. I don't know all your good phone moments yet so call me. Hope the visit goes well. I await your review. Ha. I think the leo needs google pro . Ha. Much love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home