Thursday, September 07, 2006

Oh, fuzzle duzzle my brain hurts.

First, before anything else. Mom - I didn't get your first message about records until I checked on Wednesday morning. And I wasn't in last night until around 10:30. I was at an OAS planning meeting for archaeology day. So I will be quite put out if you've pre-maturely hoisted my stuff from the house.

Next - Grad School. Let me repeat how happy I am to be accepted. It's great. It's an adventure and a new opportunity.

It's also sucking my brain and my classes haven't even started. It's all about orientation this week and enrollment. It looks like I will be in 4 classes and they are:
1) Approaches to Environmental Studies (everybody has to take it)
2) Introduction to Planning
3) Recreation and Tourism: Management and Planning
4) Environmental Planning

at least two of these classes will go towards getting a planning certificate, should I want one. I'm thinking about it, because having that certification can give you a lot of credit.
But this schedule may not be final. First the guy who teaches the Rec & Tourism class & co-incidentally is supposed to be my advisor, is out sick. And the office won't know until tomorrow afternoon whether he'll be available at all this semester. Isn't that precious?

So, I have a few "runner up classes" that I'm supposed to sit in on just in case I need to replace one of my classes due to cancellation. Busy 1st week of classes.

next I'm still untangling the fun of student loans. Guess what? I need to get more letters. Letters that nobody mentioned to me the first 3 times I called. And that's not including the documentation that I need to include on my student loan file. All that paperwork is hurting my brain but the way I look at is, if I can get it together to get into a Master's program, I can handle this too. I just need to stay on top of it.

There is a bright-ish spot financially, which is, I may get E.I. approval for the course. That would be cool.

I have to go back to calling people now. Take care everyone.

Katrina

1 Comments:

At Saturday, 09 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. Scary busy , polotics at work j's boss is away so it goes . Soccer season has begun and dance and theatre etc, etc. Paper work sucks!!! We have some of that too. J just finished a class. Kids awesome. GOOD LUCK!!!! PERSEVERE!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home