Thursday, August 03, 2006

First of all, to my sister. Yes, there will be message sent to our beloved matriarch regarding the Leo's package.

It is Thursday and it is the beginning of four days off although I have such a chaotic weekend that I may post in the middle of it (we've got an out of town wedding to attend).

I spent yesterday at home, missing work because of heat exhaustion. Can you believe it? I felt fine on Tuesday until around 11pm and then.... WHAMMO! I guess my body was having trouble recuperating from the day. And I found out that I wasn't the only one, another member of our team, a guy who's been with the company for years, also succumbed. So I spent yesterday drinking, drinking, drinking all kinds of fluids and moving very little. I found out early on in the day that every time I tried to push myself, I got all woozy. But by the early evening I was feeling better - just in time to enjoy the HUGE thunderstorms that ripped through the area last night.

I have to say, thunderstorms are much more interesting to watch in the country than in the city. You can see everything rolling around out there and its quite scary at times. Dayle and I sat in with his parents and just watched everything go by. We had potato chips too.

Today, I was raring to go and I'm really glad I let my self recuperate yesterday because we ended up having a 12 1/2 hour day, and we just crawled in recently. I'm still looking forward to dinner and a shower.

The cause for this were the three test pitting projects we had on our plate today. Test pitting is what you do in an area after the preliminary research about a property has been done. An archaeology crew is armed with shovels and dirt screens and we walk rows up and down the site, about 5 metres apart. Every 5 metres we dig a pit (about the size of our shovel) down to the stones or sub-soil. Some test pits I've experienced have been as deep as my leg. Most of the ones we dug were 3-12 inches deep.

Today's challenge was the evil bushes that occured on every single site. There was bush, brush and every thing else that could tackle a person even with out equipment.

We found one site.

More later,
K.

1 Comments:

At Friday, 11 August, 2006, Blogger Erik Buchanan said...

Helllooooo?

Are you still out there?

What, are you busy or something? ;)

Write sometime, will ya?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home